Here we are working on the corn.
I have always loved my Aunt Claudia's rolls. For years I have wanted to learn how to make them. I have learned that there are tricks to making rolls and if you don't make them with the person that has the recipe and learn the tricks they just don't turn out the way the should. I had some cousins that wanted to learn as well. This week we got together to learn how to make my favorite rolls. Aunt C would have us make the dough and she would instruct us. Now I know why my rolls never turn out. I never fluffed the flour. I would always pack the flour in the measuring cup. My water for my yeast has been too hot. The list goes on and on. We had a fun time learning the correct roll making technique. Of course there were plenty of rolls to take home and eat. I was able to teach some of my cousins how to digital scrapbook. It was great to get together and have a great time, thanks Aunt Claudia for the fun.
After we made the rolls we went past an old house that belong to my mom's grandma's family. Then on the way home Megan wanted to see Devil's Slide. So, we stopped by there and Megan finally got to see it. Last year she did her county report on Morgan County so she knew that it is one of the main attractions in Morgan.
Here I am helping Steph with Photoshop and Heather and Aunt Claudia are mixing up some yummy rolls.







4 comments:
You are my homemakin' hero! Something I've never done - probably because of the mess and the full blown anxiety attack that would come on in the middle of shucking. Thank you for letting me see the joyful part of the experience and live vicariously through you.
Now I know I have a lot of kids and we are busy, but you forget to call me for these fun things. What's up! Well, maybe you can teach me sometime.
I sure wish I could take a digital scrapbooking class from you! You have the cutest blog! Also, yummy corn! Enjoy that sweet corn, while the rest of us have to heat up can corn - yuck!! I am also a fan of a yummy homemade roll!!
Your blog is so awesome. I want to take a blogging class from you. I've been using Memory Mixer for digital scrapbooking, I love it. Your pages are amazing!
Just last month I started making bread and rolls, I'll have to put that on my blog too. I sure like hearing about your adventures.
Post a Comment