

This past Sunday we went to Primary Childrens Hospital to a memorial for all of the children that had died over the past year. I was amazed at how many children there were. I would say that there was close to 200 children that died. The program started with a child reading a poem about a leaf on the ground. Then the CEO Joe Mott spoke. He did a great job and was very sincere. There were serveral musical numbers played by a little orchestra. Then there was a memorial video with pictures of the children that had passed away. It was very well done. Our little Rylee's picture was so cute. After the video there was a song and a prayer by the chaplin at PCMC. After the prayer the bagpipe player played a song and we all followed him down the hall to an outside area. We each got a ribbon a
nd wrote on it a letter to Rylee. We then tied them to a fence outside. Then we had refreshments inside. It was such a special program. It was nice to think of Rylee and celebrate her life again. It is so sad that so many people have had to go through losing a child. There are no words to discribe the loss that is felt. I know that Rylee struggled while here on the earth, but I just miss her so much. Life was better when she was in it. Eventhough her life wasn't easy and our life was challenging with her I would love to have her back to deal with all of her issues to just have her with us. Rylee had such a special spirit about her and I think the people that really tried to get to know and love her for who she was, were able to feel that strong spirit in that little frail body. We have been so blessed as a family to have her be with us. I am grateful that families are forever and I can be with my little Ry again.
We
love you Dolly!!! 
We
love you Dolly!!! 
The kids tying their ribbons on the memorial wall.







7 comments:
precious. just precious. Your kids are just beaming with pride and love in those photos.
Isn't it astounding that so many go through this staggering loss.
Not a club I ever thought we'd be in, huh? But I wouldn't take away any of it.
Too much learning & love.
My heart goes out to you for such a huge loss. Rylee was amazing.
That is so sweet and what a great memory.
I think it's neat that they have things like this for families. And that Thanksgiving Point thing you guys went to too. Rylee was such a sweet little girl. Thanks for posting.
What a sweet post. Thanks for sharing your special day.
That was amazing, what a special tribute for a special little girl.
liz
What a great day to remember such a wonderful little girl. We love your kids so much!
Allyson - been thinking of you. I'm glad you had an opportunity to celebrate your Rylee's life. I loved your sweet girl too, there was definitely something very special about her. She helped me understand things at an interesting point in my life and I'll always be grateful I had the chance to know Rylee, even if it was just a little. She was an amazing little girl!
Hugs!
Post a Comment