Monday, April 20, 2009

Spring Break

There is never a better way to spend Spring Break than making a snowman!! The kids actually thought the snow was fun and made the most of it.
We took the kids to Midway for some fun and to get away for awhile. We had a great time hanging out together. There was a Carousel at our hotel. Jake was not happy about riding on it until it started and then he loved it and when it stopped he cried and cried.
We also played a little miniature golf at the hotel. The kids thought it was the greatest place in the world.


Of course the kids loved the swimming and they could have spent every waking hour there. They even had a blast swimming in the outdoor pool.

We also went to Olympic Park. We have always wanted to go there and it was awesome to finally get there. It was a neat learning experience for us. The kids had a blast!!



For along time the kids have wanted to go to Color Me Mine, a place where you can paint clay figurines. They each took great care in choosing the right figurine. Parker choose a dinosaur, Megan a turtle and Hailey a unicorn. They had a great time and it was fun to see them be so excited about their art work.
We had a lot of fun this past week. The best part was just being together as a family!!




12 comments:

Keri said...

Love these Spring Break pictures!
Looks like you guys had a great time. Getaways are the best.
I can't believe how old your kids are getting. Megan looks so grown up in these pictures. Tell her
Sarah misses her and says hello.

Stephanie said...

You guys did all sorts of things! And you say that I'm always out doing things with my family. Look at you! It's fun to watch how much fun kids have just being at a hotel. Really we don't need to spend the thousands of dollars on elaborate trips we just need to book a trip to a local hotel with a good breakfast and swimming pool! The kids don't even care if they sleep on the floor of the hotel room, just as long as they are in a hotel! Fun times!

The Driskill Family said...

Glad you guys had such a fun Spring Break! Thanks for the pictures!

Sam and Josh said...

Looks like a fun get away. Always nice to get away and have some fun.

Carrie said...

Fun times over spring break :) I love Color Me Mine! I have many decos from there... Fun to get away and paint. ---Glad you had a good time!

Allens Downunder said...

Looks like you guys had a fun cold Spring break. I love the swimming pictures...too cute. I agree with the Gunther Gang Megan is looking very grown up. Oh Lou Lou you are getting so old. I hope we can move back to Utah before you get married.

Stacey said...

I am glad you had a great time! I have wanted to do the Color Me Mine for a while now. What a great idea! I also didn't realize all the fun things to do in our own backyard up there in Midway. What a great idea! You always come up with great ones.

Christina Updike said...

What a great family mini vacation. I think the "Color Me Mine" business was such a great idea. It is fun for all ages. I am so glad that you all had such a great time! Again, cute cute kids!!

Jenny said...

What a fun trip! I think that next year they should bump spring break back to the last week in April. It would still probably snow, though!

Sblogger said...

Sounds like you had a blast! It makes me want to get away to Midway. Your kids are so cute and grown up!

Suzie said...

You are such a fun mom. Love you.

The Mom said...

Sooooo fun!!! What a great way to spend the break - we were home building snowmen too :)

Enjoyed seeing Megan in the play - Jake is getting sooooo big - how does that happen???