Wednesday, May 27, 2009
Cancer
It seems like this past month has been a whirlwind. I need to give an update on our life. For the past several years we have been trying to get Bill's parents to move to Utah from Idaho. They always had excuses as to why they wouldn't move to Utah even tough none of their kids lived in Idaho and four of the six kids live in Utah. Because of the lovely real estate market Bill's brother was able to help them find a beautiful house that would work for them and one that was affordable. They were set to come to Utah to look at the house and decide if that was going to work for them or not. We were all waiting for them to come to see the house. They were supposed to be here on Thursday May 7th around 4:00 pm. Bill called them to see where they were around 4:00pm and he got a huge shock. His mom had not been feeling well for a couple of years due to melanoma in her eye and thyroid cancer. She had been telling her doctor for some time about her problems and the doctor thought it was because of her thyroid. When she went to the doctor this month she thought that maybe she had problems with her gall bladder so an ultra sound was done, while doing the ultra sound they found that her liver had melanoma in it. She was told that the cancer was all in her liver and that it was a pretty advanced stage. The next day they came to Utah bought a house and this past weekend we moved them into their new house. After many doctor visits we found out that the cancer is in her liver and lungs. She has stage four cancer. There are chemo treatments to possibly extend her life by a few months. She has gone down hill very fast since May 7th. We are so glad that they live here now and we can all take care of them while she deals with this cancer and the treatments. I am so glad that we can serve her because she has helped us so much the past four years. We love Sylvia and we hope that we can have more time with her. I saw a sign that says "Cancer Sucks" I have to say I agree. This is going to be a hard journey for Sylvia and our family but at least we can make the journey together.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







6 comments:
Cancer does suck, and I'm so sorry to hear of this with Sylvia. I know how hard it is to deal with sick parents. I'm glad Bill's parents are here so you can all be closer to them :)
I'm so sorry to hear this. I'm glad they are closer to family now. It sounds like they need all the help and love they can get. BTW...The picture of your kids on your sidebar is adorable. I love how they are all looking up at the camera. So cute!
Bill and Allyson,
I can't begin to tell you of the
tender feelings we have for Aunt
Sylvia and all of your family. This is still such a shock! We
feel so far away and wish we could
be closer to have helped with the move or to be a support in some way. We want you to know how much we love you. We will continue to fast for her that she may regain some strength and be comforted.
We are praying that you will have
as much time as possible together.
All our Love to each of you. Keri
She is lucky to have you!
Oh my goodness . . . my heart just sunk. My thoughts are certainly with your family.
Cancer does suck. Emotionally and physically it takes its toll on the whole family. Savor and enjoy the time you have now because things can change very quickly. I am so sorry you have to go through this.
Post a Comment