Sunday, May 9, 2010

Megan's New Passion





Megan has finally found her passion "dancing". She had her first dance recital since she was four, last week. She has wanted to take dance in the past but because of our crazy life it hasn't worked out. I had no idea where to have her take lessons when she is so much older than most of the kids dancing. I was fortunate that Megan had a friend Erin, that wanted a friend to take a dance class with. We found a class that worked for them, at first they were a little self conscience because they were older and bigger than the other girls, however they stuck with it and their perseverance paid off. Megan, is a beautiful dancer. After the recital was over a lady came up to Megan and told her that she is such a graceful dancer and that she had noticed her during the practice and during the performance, she said she was a joy to watch. That was a big confidence booster to Megan. She is pretty happy dancing and it is fun for me to watch her blossom. I am looking forward to many more dance recitals, way to go Meg!!!!

4 comments:

Stacey said...

Yeah! I am glad she did so well. I am not surprised though. She seems to have extraordinary talent in those areas with music, drama, art, and now dance. Good for her!

Keri said...

yeah for Megan. She looks beautiful. So happy she found
what she loves and is good at.
We will look forward to future
recital updates and photos.
Tell her Sarah says Hello!

Jenny said...

That's so cool! There's nothing better than dancing!

Sharon said...

She's beautiful. Fun to have you posting again. I have hopes of getting my blog up and going again. We need to plan an Oakcrest lunch or something. I am having camp homesickness. Maybe it's because it has finally gotten warmer! Or becasue Squegie needed some music so I went thorugh mine and I found myself singing "On The Loose" the other day!