Sunday, May 9, 2010

Kicked Out of Nursery


My sweet little Jake has turned into a bruiser. Today I was summoned from Sunday School by the nursery leader. I was a little nervous that Jake may have gotten a little grabby but I was hoping for the best, the messy diaper. Well, I took the diaper bad with me hoping that I would be able to use the contents inside. However, I should have left the bag, it was the worst case scenario. The two year old was whacking kids in the head and pulling hair. AAAAHHHH!!! What has happened to my perfect child???? This crazy new behavior has manifested itself in the last month. I always thought that children learn how to hit and pull hair from other children. Jake being the youngest and with the other children being so much older I didn't think this would be an issue because the older kids are nothing but sweet and kind to him. Never have they whacked each other in the head or pulled hair because they wanted an item that Jake had. Where does this behavior come from? I guess I am going to have to some reading about this situation and see what the experts say. (Maybe Stephanie you are having second thoughts about getting the boys together when the kids go back to school.) I will see what next week brings, I may be called to be a nursery leader to take care of the bruiser.

4 comments:

Stacey said...

Oh Jakey. I am sorry Allison. I am sure that was not the funnest talk to encounter. I can't believe Jakey is doing that. He is always giving hugs to Elly when we get together. Hope it goes better next week.

Oh about my family's dinner with my mom's old flame. I am not surprised you haven't heard about it. I am sure Bill was either on his mission or in college. I am not even sure Kara was home. I don't see my parents telling Bill about it over the phone when they next called him either.

Liz said...

That is hilarious!

You know that he was provoked, right :) Regardless, I still love him!

Keri said...

Sounds like a really fun Mothers Day in the nursery:) This story
made me smile. He's just way too
cute for that...He must have been framed or something.

Oh, guess what my new calling is? Yep! Lynn and I are the NEW Nursery Leaders!Fun Times Ahead!!

Stephanie said...

That's funny! Talan has recently discovered that if he hits his sister with a bat, lacrosse stick, a sword or whatever else can double as a weapon, he gets a really fun reaction out of her. She screams, runs and totally freaks out! He loves it! So now he is constantly trying to find something to chase her with. And the sad thing is that if he catches her her really hits her hard! What's with boys? They are all natural little bruisers! We are totally okay with taking our chances. They are both 2 little boys who chose to come into our families as #5's I'm sure they have both been blessed with the ability to hold their own!