Tuesday, March 24, 2009

The 1st Hair Cut


My cute little boy with the big poofy hair needed a hair cut. I love his little poofy hair and it was hard for me to cut his hair because I knew it would make him look older. I just couldn't let him go any longer with the long hair. He would have some great hair to make all cute it he were a girl. It is so funny that my boys have both had the longest most beautiful hair.
Today we went to the new kid friendly hair cutting place to get Jake's hair cut. It is such a great place to take kids. He sat in a cute little car to get his hair cut. The girl cutting his hair was so great with him. He doesn't like loud sounds so the hair clippers were very scary to him. When the clippers were done then he was just fine. Jake's loves balloons so I got a balloon for him to look at and he was happy as can be getting his hair cut. He looks so cute with his hair cut and he does look older which is sad for me.



14 comments:

Stephanie said...

He looks so cute! When my mom was here she kept telling me that my Talan needs to have his first hair cut. It's funny because I hadn't even noticed it looked out of control or too long until she said that. Now I'm thinking that she's right. It does make them look so much older once their hair is cut. I love the little baby look. Oh well I guess I better face it, my baby is growing up! It's sorta sad isn't it?

Stacey said...

He looks so adorable with that hair cut. But he is handsome all the time. I am a little sad his poofy hair cut is gone. I loved his roller brush hair. But as I said earlier his new hair cut looks so good on him. It is hard to believe a year has gone by already.

Sam and Josh said...

Such a cute haircut and he is so mellow I am sure it was easy as pie.

Liz said...

What a little cutie--in both the before and after pics!

Keri said...

That is just too cute!
What a great place to get
a first haircut. I think
his new spikey hair is
just as cute as the puffy was.
He is adorable either way!

Emily said...

What a handsome little man!!

Carrie said...

Oh my goodness!! What a cute little haircut! He is so sweet :)

The Driskill Family said...

Amanda and I are thinking Jake is looking so big! It's a good thing we get to see him in a few months! He is SOOO cute! Your birthday blog for him was just wonderful. Loved the pictures going clear back to when he was born, and I got teary thinking about what a true miracle and blessing he is for your family.

Lesley said...

He looks great! You're going to have a heck of a time round brushing it now, though.

Jenny said...

Looks good!

Anonymous said...

Such a cute baby!

Sullivan Family said...

Jakey is growing up so fast, I can't believe how much he's changed since I've seen him.
I'm so happy for you that you can enjoy him so much and cherish him.

Suzie said...

I know what you mean about them looking more grown up and that is a stab to the heart.
But it was worth it. Just look at his handsome little melon.
SO CUTE!

Rhonda Miller said...

Oh, I will miss the pouf!! But he still looks absolutely adorable with the new do.