Monday, March 2, 2009

Home At Last

We have made it home safe and sound from our trip to Australia. It was such a great experience to go to another country. My only experiences with other countries have all been to Latin America. It was so great to see a country where people are thriving. I would say that most people owned a car, much different from other countries I have been to. I also think that most people have a job and that education is a number one priority for their children. It is evident that the couples love each other and they are happy to spend time together and spend time as a family. It was so amazing for me to see the fathers playing and caring for their children in Australia, not that I don’t think that happens in other countries, I just have not seen it happen myself. It was so fun to see another culture, with that being said, I still feel that we are blessed beyond belief to live in the country we live in. It is so amazing to me the variety of choices that we have as Americans. I am so grateful to live in this country. I am grateful for the freedoms that we have. I am grateful to live in a community where family and religion are important. I love that we know our neighbors and that we help each other in times of need. I am grateful that I can ask any of my neighbors to watch my kids for me when I need help. I am grateful that they feel comfortable asking me to watch their children. I love that we take meals to each other when our friends are having a hard time. I love that my children can play with friends that live next door, down the street or in another neighborhood close by. At times I have felt that maybe we know too much about each other, but I really do believe that I live in a neighborhood where people love me and my family and want to help in anyway possible and I in turn would do anything I could for them. That is what I have always wanted for myself and my family. We are very blessed!

8 comments:

Janna said...

Welcome Back!!

Stacey said...

Your comments on Australia really got me thinking about many things. We drove back from the Jazz game with Bill and my reflections on what you said about Australia started an interesting conversation on Latin America. I really enjoy talking and listening to you and Bill. You have such great insights.

Nathan & Dacia Holt said...

I'm glad you guys got home safe! It sounds like you all had such a nice time!

Keri said...

Welcome back from down under!
Glad you made it home safely.
I sure enjoyed your pictures
and insights from you trip.

Leslie Holt said...

It sounds/looks like you guys had such a fun time. I am so jelouse!

Christina Updike said...

Allyson! What a great blog!! Bill gave me your blog address . . . I am so excited to keep in touch with you and your sweet family! I can't believe how fast your kids are growing up!! You all look so great!!

What a fun trip! I am definitely jealous!

Here is our blog address for our family updates: christinaandgarrett.blogspot.com

The Driskill Family said...

It was SO fun to see all your pictures and read about your trip! I love how you included all the facts and information about the places, people, and things that you saw - so interesting! It sounds like you had a great time with Michelle and her family. I'm glad you had the chance to go to Australia!

Sullivan Family said...

I loved seeing pics from your trip and reading all about your adventures. It sounds like you had a blast. I am very envious. I hope I get to go there someday.