Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Capitol Reef


This past weekend my mom took the family to Capitol Reef to surprise Rick for his B-Day. We had such a great time. The kids had a blast playing with the cousins. We hiked to Calf Creek, which is a hike we love. It was so hot on the way there but on the way back it was overcast and perfect. The kids were troopers and made the 3 mile hike without whining. They had a blast playing in the water and the sand. It was Parker's B-Day on the day we hiked to Calf Creek and he couldn't think of a better way to spend his B-Day. We went to Fruita and picked apples. The kids loved to climb the trees. There were a ton of deer in the park which was fun for the kids. We went to the Capitol Gorge and saw the Pioneer Registry. The kids had fun climbing into the holes in the rocks. We have spent many vacations at Capitol Reef and we always love going there. It has been several years since we went last and my kids thought it was the greatest place ever. It was fun to have them be older and able to do a lot more activities. We went to the Anasazi museum and they thought it was so cool. It is nice they can appreciate history. We had a great time, thanks Grams for the fun!

9 comments:

Jenny said...

What a fun trip. I love the picture of you guys with the waterfall!

Allens Downunder said...

It looks like you guys had a good time thats great. We haven't been there forever it would have been fun to be able to go with you guys maybe next year. Happy B-day Parks.

Suzie said...

One of my all-time fave places to go. The deer, the orchards, the rocks, the camp grounds.
And especially Calf Creek.
Thanks to you I LOVE that hike.

you guys look awesome!

Suzie said...

Oh. And Happy Birthday Parky Boy! (are you too old to be called that? hope not)

Weaver's Web said...

Capitol Reef brings back some fun memories! I still have photos of that! Cassidy's arch...younger years of course!

Looks like you all had a great time.

Sam and Josh said...

Fun, fun, fun. My computer crashed so I can't post mine for a few days. how I miss my blogging.

Stacey said...

What a fun vacation! It made me want to go to Capital Reef. Happy Birthday Parker!! We are looking forward to seeing you this weekend

Tenille said...

It looks like so much fun, Where is Capital Reef at? I've never been there!

Sharon said...

What a fun trip! When I am looking for a trip idea next summer I will have to call and get details!