Friday, February 20, 2009

Queen Victoria Market


We had a great day today. We went into the city to the Queen Victoria Market. It is set up like a flee market in a huge warehouse type building. Most of the building was filled with typical flee market stuff clothes, souvenirs, etc. It was a great place to shop with great deals. There was half of the market filled with food. Any kind of food you could think of. It was so fun to see all of the different things there were to buy. We were able to watch an Aborigine making a boomerang. We talked to him for awhile and he told us about what some of the symbols meant. He played the didgeridoo for us and he also told us about the all of the different aborigines items that he had there to sell and what they were used for. We learned that there are over 500 different aboriginal dialects in Australia. It was so fun talking to him and getting a little history lesson.

We went to one of Michelle's family favorite places, The Pitch and Put. It is a miniature golf course a perfect place to take the kids. There are 9 holes that are not that far apart, with each hole being a par 3. We all had a great time. Cute little Blake was so excited to golf, he talked about it all day long. He ran from each hole having a blast. It was so fun to go there just to watch him get so excited. Tomorrow we are going to go on a little road trip to the Great Ocean road to see the Twelve Apostles.

6 comments:

Stacey said...

How neat to get a history lesson from someone who would know, and to watch him make a boomerang. To listen to him talk about the symbols would be so interesting I think. I hope you bought one so I can see it. Then you can tell me all about it. Going to the 12 apostles? You have my interest perked. I am glad you are posting blogs about your trip.

Stacey said...

We went over to your home today. Talmage wanted to see Grandma, and he always enjoys seeing Parker. Hailey was showing me some of her gymnastics. I was so impressed. And I asked Megan to show me some of her art. Her horse she molded is amazing. Anyways I just thought I would let you know I was so impressed with your children. I think Jake has such a contagious smile. You can't help but smile back at him. Thanks for all your support.

Cha Cha said...

What a great time--are you childless? Neat opportunity. We thought we should go for a visit "now that we're closer," but we're actually farther from Australia than we are from the mainland.

Keri said...

What an amazing experience to
get to go to Austrailia! I hope
you will buy yourself some Opal
while you are there. I have
enjoyed reading your blog updates
about your experiences there.

Diane said...

Hi Ally! I love looking on your blog to see what exciting things you are doing down there! I'm jealous that it is warm! Hey--if you see any cool keychains, will you get one for Jim? Have fun--see you soon!

Osborne Family said...

Looks like your having fun. love the pics.