Sunday, February 22, 2009

Look Dad a Koala!!


We had a wonderful road trip this weekend to the bay. We drove through some fun countryside. As we drove I was hoping to see a kangaroo and a koala as we drove. We would pass Kangaroo and koala crossing sings and I would getso excited thinking we would come across them as we drove. Travis told me that the kangaroos come out at night and during the morning. Unfortunately when we went through these areas it was not during those times. I felt like I was in Yellowstone looking for a bear the whole time we were in kangaroo country. We did however come across a bunch of koalas hanging out in the eucalyptus trees as we drove along the coast. They were so cute and much smaller than I thought they would be. Unfortunately we didn't get the greatest shot of the koala but it was very cool to see them in their natural habitat.

1 comment:

Suzie said...

That's amazing, Ally! What a great experience.
Can't wait to hear more.